Shells of St. James (Scallops)
- chop 2 shallots.
- Pour 1/4 l of white wine in a saucepan, add salt, pepper, and scallops. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
-take out the scallops and add shallots to the liquid. Boil until reduced to 3Tsp.
- Warm oven to high temperature (500)
- Melt 30g of butter in a saucepan. Add 1Tsp of flour mixing until changing color. Pour cooking juice and whisk. Set saucepan on the side and add 250g of sour cream. Bring to a boil.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon. Add it to the sauce along with the egg yolks(adding one at a time).
- Put scallops in a ovenproof dish, pour sauce over. Cover with bread crumbs and cook in the oven until bread crumbs are toasted.
Serve hot with a bottle of wine from the Loire Valley.